Our pediatric dentists and team are trained and equipped to care for children with special needs so that they receive the dental care they deserve to achieve their healthiest smile. Dr. David Gustafson, Dr. Jeffery K. Rupp, and our associates will take care of your child as you would — with the utmost attention. Call Salt Lake Pediatric Dentistry at 385-378-5791 if you have questions or concerns about special needs pediatric dentistry in in Salt Lake City, Utah, at our Holladay location.
Children with special needs may include physical, intellectual or developmental disabilities, behavioral or emotional disorders, or chronic medical conditions. Our primary goal is to provide every child with high-quality dental care in a safe, comfortable and supportive environment. This often involves a team approach, with dental professionals working closely with other health care providers, educators and family members to develop a comprehensive care plan tailored to the child’s individual needs.
Some of the key components of special needs pediatric dentistry may include:
- A thorough medical history review and evaluation of your child’s overall health status, medications and potential risk factors for dental problems.
- A comprehensive dental exam to assess their oral health and identify any areas of concern, such as tooth decay, gum disease or malocclusion.
- An individualized treatment plan considers their unique needs, abilities and preferences.
- Use of specialized equipment and techniques to accommodate physical and sensory impairments and ensure the child’s safety and comfort during dental procedures.
- Helping to calm any anxiety, fear or other behavioral challenges during dental visits.
- Collaboration with other health care providers to manage any underlying medical conditions that may impact your child’s oral health or dental care.
We will do everything in our power to give your child the oral health care they deserve while feeling safe. We will take every special need into consideration during their appointment. We invite you to schedule one today by calling 385-378-5791. We will make sure that you and your child are in good hands.